#OpenGovDataHack Pre-Hackathon Workshop has been organized at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Patna on 6th September 2017. The workshop was attended by more than 100 participants from faculty, students and start-ups from Patna. The session was organized by National Informatics Centre, Govt. of India and IAMA, with the support from StartupIndia.
IEEE Students Branch and NJACK Club of IIT Patna have extended their support in engaging students and app enthusiasts to get insights on OGD Platform of Government of India. The idea was to communicate the details of “#OpenGovDataHack” to be held in October 17. The workshop provided students with an overview, related challenges and phases of Hackathon.
- Dr. Sriparna Saha, Branch Counselor of IEEE Student Branch & Asst. Professor, CS&E Department, IIT-Patna, welcomed the guests & participants and briefed about the initiatives, which IIT-P is undertaking for the growth of ecosystem.
- Secretary General of Bihar Entrepreneurs Association, Mr. Abhishek Singh, shared his views on the scenario of App Ecosystem in the State and also the growth prospects which the city of Patna holds for the startups and app developers.
- Representatives from Bihar Startups Club have also interacted with the participants and informed them on the possible ways to use OpenGovData for their Apps.
- Session’s highlight was the presentations by Mr. Sunil Babbar, Principal System Analyst – NIC and Mr. Akhilesh Srivastava, Senior Data Scientist, wherein participants got the opportunity to understand more about Open Government Data Platform and the available data sets for various sectors.
- Mr. Vineet Mishra, AVP of IAMAI, also gave brief presentation on IAMAI’s Mobile10X initiative and incubation opportunities, which are available under this initiative for the App Developers.
- Mr. Nilotpal Chakraborty, Chairman, IEEE student branch and PhD Scholar at CSE in IIT Patna, concluded the program with his vote of thanks.